β-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate disodium salt (NADP disodium salt) Specifications
|Product Name||β-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate disodium salt (NADP disodium salt)|
|Chemical Name||NADP Disodium; Nadide phosphate disodium; NADP;β-NADP; Triphosphopyridine nucleotide disodium salt;|
|Monoisotopic Mass||787.039342 g/mol|
|Melting Point||175-178 °C|
|Water Solubility||>50 g/L|
|Application||Coenzyme in aerobic and anaerobic oxidations|
What is β-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate disodium salt (NADP disodium salt)?
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate(NADP +) is a cofactor used in anabolic reactions. β-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate disodium salt is a disodium salt of NADP +, it is a coenzyme necessary for the alcoholic fermentation of glucose and the oxidative dehydrogenation of other substances. And it occurs widely in living tissue, especially in the liver.
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) and NADPH form a redox pair. The NADPH / NADP ratio regulates the intracellular redox potential, especially the anaerobic response, thereby affecting the metabolic response in the body. Examples are lipid and nucleic acid synthesis. NADP is also a coenzyme pair in various cytochrome P450 systems and oxidase / reductase reaction systems such as the thioredoxin reductase / thioredoxin system.
NADPH provides reducing equivalents for biosynthetic reactions and provides redox effects to prevent the toxicity of reactive oxygen species (ROS), thereby regenerating glutathione (GSH). It is also used in anabolic pathways such as cholesterol synthesis and fatty acids Chain extension.
In addition, the NADPH system is also responsible for generating free radicals in immune cells through NADPH oxidase. These free radicals are used to destroy pathogens in a process called respiratory burst. It is a reducing equivalent of the source cytochrome P450 hydroxylated aromatics, steroids, alcohols, and drugs.
Application of β-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate disodium salt
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) and NADPH form a redox pair. NADP/NADPH is a coenzyme that supports redox reactions via the transport of electrons in a vast array of applications, especially anaerobic reactions such as lipid and nucleic acid synthesis. NADP/NADPH is a coenzyme couple in various cytochrome P450 systems and oxidase/reductase reaction systems, such as the thioredoxin reductase/thioredoxin system.
Other enzymes which utilize NADP as a coenzyme are: Alcohol dehydrogenase: NADP dependent; Aromatic ADH:NADP dependent; Ferredoxin-NADP reductase; L-Fucose dehydrogenase; Gabase; Galactose-1-phosphate uridyl transferase; Glucose dehydrogenase; L-Glutamic dehydrogenase; Glycerol dehydrogenase:NADP specific; Isocitric dehydrogenase; Malic enzymes; 5,10-Methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase; 6-Phosphogluconate dehydrogenase and Succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase.
- Hashida SN, Kawai-Yamada M. Inter-Organelle NAD Metabolism Underpinning Light Responsive NADP Dynamics in Plants. Front Plant Sci. 2019 Jul 26;10:960. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2019.00960. eCollection 2019. PMID: 31404160. PMCID: PMC6676473.
- Tak U, Vlach J, Garza-Garcia A, William D, Danilchanka O, de Carvalho LPS, Saad JS, Niederweis M. The tuberculosis necrotizing toxin is an NAD+ and NADP+ glycohydrolase with distinct enzymatic properties.J Biol Chem. 2019 Mar 1;294(9):3024-3036. doi:10.1074/jbc.RA118.005832. Epub 2018 Dec 28. PMID: 30593509. PMCID: PMC6398120.
- Liang J, Huang H, Wang S. Distribution, Evolution, Catalytic Mechanism, and Physiological Functions of the Flavin-Based Electron-Bifurcating NADH-Dependent Reduced Ferredoxin: NADP+ Oxidoreductase. Front Microbiol. 2019 Mar 1;10:373. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2019.00373. eCollection 2019. PMID: 30881354. PMCID: PMC6405883.
- Kawai S, Murata K. “Structure and function of NAD kinase and NADP phosphatase: key enzymes that regulate the intracellular balance of NAD(H) and NADP(H)”. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry. 72 (4): 919–30. doi:10.1271/bbb.70738. PMID 18391451.
- Hanukoglu I. “Conservation of the Enzyme-Coenzyme Interfaces in FAD and NADP Binding Adrenodoxin Reductase-A Ubiquitous Enzyme”. Journal of Molecular Evolution. 85 (5–6): 205–218. Bibcode:2017JMolE..85..205H. doi:10.1007/s00239-017-9821-9.PMID 29177972.
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.