Glucoraphanin 30% (21414-41-5) video
|Chemical Name||Glucorafanin |
|Molecular Weight||437.5 g/mol|
|Monoisotopic Mass||437.048409 g/mol|
|Solubility||approximately 10 mg/ml|
|Storage Temperature||Store at room temperature|
|Application||1. Applied in food field, it is a kind of ideal green food to reduce weight; |
2. Applied in health product field, celery can stable mood and eliminate irritable;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, to treat rheumatism and gout has good effect.
What is Glucoraphanin?
Glucoraphanin is a glucosinolate found in broccoli, cauliflower, and mustard. Glucoraphanin is converted to sulforaphane by the enzyme myrosinase. In plants, sulforaphane deters insect predators and acts as a selective antibiotic. In humans, sulforaphane has been studied for its potential effects in neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
Glucoraphanin is a powerful and long-lasting antioxidant, found primarily in broccoli. However, the amount varies tremendously from one broccoli plant to another with no way for consumers to tell how much glucoraphanin is in the broccoli they buy. It has also been shown that this phytonutrient is present in much higher concentrations in the broccoli seeds and 3-day old broccoli sprouts.
Glucoraphanin belongs to a category of compounds called glucosinolates which are naturally found in cruciferous vegetables. Glucosinolates are enzymatically converted into isothiocyanates, which are active in the body. This enzymatic conversion is performed by myrosinase, which is also found naturally in cruciferous vegetables.
Due to the potential health benefits, a variety of broccoli has been bred to contain two to three times more glucoraphanin than standard broccoli.
Glucoraphanin is the main degradation product of Sulforaphane, is also the best plant active material that found in vegetables for effective anti-cancer.
Glucoraphanin differs from other direct antioxidant substance, is an indirect antioxidant substance; antioxidant effect still can last several days when
Glucoraphanin Broccoli extract has strong light protective effect, it can inhibit reaction of acute scytitis effectively
Glucoraphanin Broccoli extract effectively inhibit AP-1 that ultraviolet ray activates, resisting light ageing
Glucoraphanin Broccoli extract effectively prevent skin cancer caused by ultraviolet light
Glucoraphanin Broccoli extract prevent breast cancer, especially for lung cancer, esophagus cancer, gastric carcinoma, it can block them successfully and evidently, as well as prevent the transmit of gastric carcinoma from gastric ulcer to atrophic gastritis.
Glucoraphanin uses and application
- Applied in food field, it is a kind of ideal green food to reduce weight;
- Applied in health product field, celery can stable mood and eliminate irritable;
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, to treat rheumatism and gout has good effect.
- Bioavailability of Glucoraphanin and Sulforaphane from High-Glucoraphanin Broccoli. Sivapalan T et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. (2018)
- Glucoraphanin: a broccoli sprout extract that ameliorates obesity-induced inflammation and insulin resistance. Xu L et al. Adipocyte. (2018)
- Sulforaphane Bioavailability from Glucoraphanin-Rich Broccoli: Control by Active Endogenous Myrosinase. Fahey JW et al. PLoS One. (2015)