Allantoin powder (97-59-6) video
Allantoin powder (97-59-6) Specifications
|Product Name||Allantoin powder|
|Chemical Name||▪ Glyoxyldiureide▪
|Drug Class||miscellaneous topical agents|
|Monoisotopic Mass||158.04399 g/mol|
|Melting Point||230 °C (dec.)(lit.)|
|Biological Half-Life||When studied in cattle, sheep, and horses, the half-life of allantoin is in the range of 1 to 2.5 hours|
|Solubility||soluble in alcohol, pyridine, NaOH
insoluble in ethyl ether
▪cosmetics(freckles cream, shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc.)
▪ agriculture(plant growth regulator)
What is allantoin powder？
Allantoin Powder is a free-flowing hygroscopic powder mainly used for its excellent anti-irritating, its moisturizing, and its skin protecting properties. Allantoin is found in many products used to for skin protection, diaper rash, lip protection, and other topicals.
For Allantoin powder ability to protect skin, help regenerate new skin growth, and produce younger looking smoother skin. Because of its many benefits, allantoin is also an ideal addition to products like sun care preparations, anti-aging topicals and other compounds that reportedly help heal, reverse some of the signs of aging and reducing skin damage.
Allantoin is proven to be a safe and effective additive (or active) in the dosage range recommended (0.5 to 2.0%) as a skin protectant. It is considered to be nontoxic, nonirritating and non-allergenic.
Allantoin powder benefits
- Allantoin powder can promote skin cell growth and rapid wound healing.
- Used as anti-ulcer drug, mixed with dry aluminum hydroxide gel, for gastrointestinal ulcers and inflammation.
- Allantoin powder can soften keratin, making the skin retain moisture, moist and soft, is special effects of additive in cosmetic.
- Allantoin powder and its derivatives are the quality improver and additive of many household chemical products
- Allantoin powder protein may be formulated anti-irritant, anti-dandruff, cleaning and wound healing scalp preparations, making hair soft, shiny and elastic.
- Additives of cosmetics such as freckle cream, acne solution, shampoo , soap, toothpaste, shaving lotion, convergence liquid and antiperspirant deodorant detergent.
- Allantoinis a biochemical reagents.
Allantoin powder benefitsfor skin
Allantoin has a natural affinity for the skin as an active moisturizing compound with its aforementioned ability to remove excess skin cells.
The many benefits of allantoin include:
- hydration: increases skin’s moisture absorption
- dryness relief: promotes cellular regeneration and counteracts dryness
- desquamation: encourages natural exfoliation in the skin’s outer layer
- heals: actively works to protect your skin
- protection: softens skins and combats sun damage
- prevention: treats acne breakneck while combating whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples
- repairs: stimulates cell proliferation and new tissue growth and helps heal wounds
- soothes: calms skin as an anti-irritant with anti-inflammatory properties and reduces redness
Allantoin also helps shed outer layer of epidermis and furthers healthy tissue formation while being treating wounds, burns, skin ulcers, and eczema effectively.
It is known to promote skin healing and is an anti-irritant that makes it an excellent ingredient for skin care products, especially when formulated properly in tandem with other nourishing ingredients in a regular skin care regimen.
Allantoin powder usesand Application
Allantoin powder is an important fine chemicals widely used in pharmacy, light industry, agriculture, daily chemicals and bio-engineering:
- In Pharmacy: can boost the growth of cells and healing up of wound; also effective to xerodermia, osteomyelitis and hepatocirrhosis etc.
- In cosmetics: can keep moisture of skin; widely used in freckles cream, shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc.
- In agriculture: used as plant growth regulator of wheat, rice, vegetables and tea.
- Combination of argan oil and phospholipids for the development of an effective liposome-like formulation able to improve skin hydration and allantoin dermal delivery. Manca ML et al. Int J Pharm. (2016)
- Veraldi, S; De Micheli, P; Schianchi, R; Lunardon, L (2009). “Treatment of pruritus in mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis with a topical non-steroidal agent”. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. 8 (6): 537– PMID 19537379.
- Thornfeldt, C (2005). “Cosmeceuticals containing herbs: fact, fiction, and future”. Dermatologic Surgery. 31 (7 Pt 2): 873– doi:10.1111/j.1524-4725.2005.31734. PMID 16029681.
- Zitnanová I, Korytár P, Aruoma OI, Sustrová M, Garaiová I, Muchová J, Kalnovicová T, Pueschel S, Duracková Z (2004). “Uric acid and allantoin levels in Down syndrome: Antioxidant and oxidative stress mechanisms?”. Clinica Chimica Acta. 341 (1–2): 139– doi:10.1016/j.cccn.2003.11.020. PMID 14967170.
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.