Sulforaphane (4478-93-7) video
|Chemical Name||Sulforafan |
|Drug Class||Standards; Enzyme Activators and Inhibitors;|
|Molecular Weight||177.3 g/mol|
|Monoisotopic Mass||177.028206 g/mol|
|Solubility||DMSO: soluble 40 mg/mL|
|Application||Sulforaphane powder mainly apply in supplements.|
What is Sulforaphane?
Sulforaphane, also known as “dl-sulforaphane”, it is a natural plant compound found in many cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale.
It is a common antioxidant and the best plant active substance found in vegetables. Sulforaphane not only has a strong anti-cancer activity, but also has a strong anti-oxidation ability. It is recognized as one of the natural products with anti-cancer and beauty effects.
Sulforaphane is produced when the enzyme myrosinase transforms glucoraphanin, a glucosinolate, into sulforaphane upon damage to the plant (such as from chewing), which allows the two compounds to mix and react. Young sprouts of broccoli and cauliflower are particularly rich in glucoraphanin and sulforaphane.
Sulforaphane (SFN) is an isothiocyanate, a sulfur-containing organic compound.Sulforaphane extract powder has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, neuroprotective, and anti-diabetic properties.
Health Benefits of Sulforaphane
Sulforaphane supplements have not been approved by the FDA for medical use and generally lack solid clinical research. Regulations set manufacturing standards for them but don’t guarantee that they’re safe or effective.
- promoting detoxification
- boosting the brain
- helping the body create cancer-fighting compounds
- supporting healthy heart function
- increasing glutathione as an Nrf2 activator
- promoting weight loss
- slowing aging by activating heat-shock proteins
- boosting liver function
- reducing inflammation and pain
- stopping and reversing hair loss.
- Sulforaphane may reduced LDL cholesterol
Broccoli sprouts improve many parameters of diabetes. In type 2 diabetics, eating broccoli sprouts increased blood antioxidant capacity and HDL cholesterol, and decreased oxidative stress, triglycerides, insulin, insulin resistance, and CRP.
- Skin Damage
Sulforaphane may provide protection against UVA and UVB inflammation, sunburn, and skin damage.
- Sulforaphane Reduces Symptoms of Autism
Sulforaphane may activate certain genes that protect cells against oxidative stress, inflammation, and DNA-damage, all of which are associated with autism spectrum disorder.
- Antiviral Activity
Sulforaphane has demonstrated antiviral activity when infected cells are exposed directly
Sulforaphane side effects and safety.
Sulforaphane is safe when used in the amounts found in foods. But there isn’t enough information available to know if it is safe to take by mouth as a medicine.
Sulforaphane uses and application
-Sulforaphane can be used for clearing the harmful bacteria of lungs.
-Sulforaphane has the function of anti-inflammatory and relieving pain from arthritis.
-Sulforaphane can quickly start the body’s healing system, detoxification system, conditioning the five internal organs, balance, repair damaged organs, sulforaphane has the effect of the prevention and treatment of gout.
-Sulforaphane can be used for anti-cancer. Sulforaphane can effectively prevent gastric ulcer, atrophic gastritis transforming to gastric cancer
-Sulforaphane is applied in food field,sulforaphane is a kind of ideal green food to reduce weight;
-Sulforaphane is applied in health product field, celery can stable mood and eliminate irritable;
-Sulforaphane is applied in pharmaceutical field, to treat rheumatism and gout has good effect.
Sulforaphane powder in Prostate Cancer research
Sulforaphane (in the form of broccoli sprout extract) boasts some relatively strong clinical evidence for a role in the prevention of prostate cancer and management strategies for preventing recurrence of prostate cancer.
In multiple clinical studies, men with recurrent prostate cancer who took 60 mg of sulforaphane per day had less prostate specific antigen (PSA, a marker used to measure prostate cancer progression) than those who did not take sulforaphane.
That being said, the FDA has not approved sulforaphane for the prevention of prostate cancer recurrence.
- Dietary Sulforaphane in Cancer Chemoprevention: The Role of Epigenetic Regulation and HDAC Inhibition Stephanie M. Tortorella, Simon G. Royce, Paul V. Licciardi, Tom C. Karagiannis Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015 Jun 1; 22(16): 1382–1424. doi: 10.1089/ars.2014.6097 Sulforaphane regulates apoptosis- and proliferation-related signaling pathways and synergizes with cisplatin to suppress human ovarian cancer Shi-Feng Kan, Jian Wang, Guan-Xing Sun Int J Mol Med. 2018 Nov; 42(5): 2447–2458. Published online 2018 Sep 6. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2018.3860
- Bioavailability of Glucoraphanin and Sulforaphane from High‐Glucoraphanin Broccoli Tharsini Sivapalan, Antonietta Melchini, Shikha Saha, Paul W. Needs, Maria H. Traka, Henri Tapp, Jack R. Dainty, Richard F. Mithen Mol Nutr Food Res. 2018 Sep; 62(18): 1700911. Published online 2018 Mar 8. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201700911
- Prevention of Carcinogen-Induced Oral Cancer by Sulforaphane Julie E. Bauman, Yan Zang, Malabika Sen, Changyou Li, Lin Wang, Patricia A. Egner, Jed W. Fahey, Daniel P. Normolle, Jennifer R. Grandis, Thomas W. Kensler, Daniel E. Johnson Cancer Prev Res (Phila) Author manuscript; available in PMC 2017 Jul 1. Published in final edited form as: Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016 Jul; 9(7): 547–557. Published online 2016 Jun 23. doi: 10.1158/1940-6207.CAPR-15-0290
- A phase II study of sulforaphane-rich broccoli sprout extracts in men with recurrent prostate cancer Joshi J. Alumkal, Rachel Slottke, Jacob Schwartzman, Ganesh Cherala, Myrna Munar, Julie N. Graff, Tomasz M. Beer, Christopher W. Ryan, Dennis R. Koop, Angela Gibbs, Lina Gao, Jason F. Flamiatos, Erin Tucker, Richard Kleinschmidt, Motomi Mori Invest New Drugs. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2016 Apr 1. Published in final edited form as: Invest New Drugs. 2015 Apr; 33(2): 480–489. Published online 2014 Nov 29. doi: 10.1007/s10637-014-0189-z
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.