Silk peptide powder (96690-41-4) video
Silk peptide powder (96690-41-4) Specifications
|Product Name||Silk peptide powder|
|Chemical Name||Silk amino acid
Silk protein powder
|Brand Name||Silk peptide powder|
|Drug Class||Vitamins, Amino Acids and Coenzymes|
|Color||Light Yellow to White Fine Powder|
|Solubility||soluble in water|
|Storage Temperature||Room temperature|
|Application||1. Additive as nourishment
2. Additive sunscreen and skin cancer medicine.
3. As the raw material, additive applied in cosmetics
4. Additive in hairspray and conditioner.
What is silk peptide powder?
Silk Peptides are a highly purified grade of natural silk power, processed in such a way as to retain the original physical structure and chemical composition of silk. This is a 100% natural silk protein, in a fine powder form for ease of use. It also has the unusual quality of holding and releasing moisture depending on the temperature and humidity of the surroundings. This product is easy to use, as it bonds well with essential oils, fragrant oils, colors and base materials used in skin and hair care. It is also stable over a wide range of pH levels again confirming the suitability of Silk Peptide for personal treatment products. Recommended usage rate is between 2-5% by weight.
Silk peptide powder benefits
(1)Silk peptide powder has actions of natural moisturizing, nourishing skin and promoting skin wound healing.
As clinically proven, silk peptide powder has good curative effects on skin wrinkle, dermatitis, pruritus, and eliminating chloasma. The silk peptide is non-irritant and can accelerate the wound healing. Silk peptide powder can also prevent the skin from the erosion and damage of the chemicals such as dust, coating, acid and alkali. Therefore, frequent daubing skin with skin care products which are rich in silk peptide powder can achieve the cosmetic effect and prevent a wide range of skin diseases.
(2)Extremely Outstanding Hair Care Function
The hair care function of silk peptide powder is mainly reflected in the absorptivity, absorbability, film-forming property, humidifying and moisture retention to hair.
Compared with other protein hydrolysate (collagen, collagen protein, gelatin protein, etc.), the greatest feature of silk peptide powder is that it is rich in nutrition and can be easily assimilated into the hair. The absorption of silk peptide to skin and hair mainly depends on permeation. The increase of silk peptide powder concentration will enhance the absorptive amount to silk peptide by hair correspondingly. As for the damaged hair, it has larger absorbed dose and adsorbing capacity, which in turn silk peptide powder has a more obvious repair and protection effect on hair.
Silk peptide powder for skin
-Tighten loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin
-Repair protective skin barrier proteins
-Improve skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity
-Reduce fine lines, depth of wrinkles, and improve structure of aged skin
-Smooth rough skin
-Reduce photodamage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots and lesions
-Improve overall skin appearance
-Stimulate wound healing
-Protect skin cells from UV radiation
-Reduce inflammation and free radical damage
-Increase hair growth and thickness, enlarge hair follicle size
Silk peptide powder uses
- Because of the hydrophilic gene in the structure of silk, silk protein powder is a fine natural moisture factor. Attaching to the surface of the skin with extremely thin layer of silk peptide powder can control the water absorption or release, according to the changes in skin temperature and humidity. It has great effects in skin care, prevention and treatment for various types dermatosis caused by dry or moist skin.
- Since the crystalline structure of silk peptide powder can reflect some ultraviolet light and the space caused by its spiral shape can also absorb some UV light, silk powder can be used in sunscreen products.
- Because of the special structure of decreasing the reflective light, the silk peptide powder can be applied into cosmetics based on mica powder to reflect the real & soft color naturally. Compared with talcum powder or titanium white powder, the silk peptide powder has excellent character of air permeability so that it is suitable for make-ups, such as the facial powder or rouge etc.
- The silk peptide powder possesses a unique ability of absorbing oil; therefore, it is suitable for the cosmetics applied to oily skin.
- Overview of Silk Fibroin Use in Wound Dressings. Farokhi M et al. Trends Biotechnol. (2018)
- Recombinant Spider Silk Functionalized Silkworm Silk Matrices as Potential Bioactive Wound Dressings and Skin Grafts. Chouhan D et al. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. (2018)
- A Gelatin-sulfonated Silk Composite Scaffold based on 3D Printing Technology Enhances Skin Regeneration by Stimulating Epidermal Growth and Dermal Neovascularization. Xiong S et al. Sci Rep. (2017)
- Silk peptide production from whole silkworm cocoon using ultrasound and enzymatic treatment and its suppression of solar ultraviolet-induced skin inflammation. Eom SJ, Lee NH, Kang MC, Kim YH, Lim TG, Song KM. Ultrason Sonochem. 2019 Sep 21;61:104803. doi: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2019.104803. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 31670253
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.