3-O-Ethyl-L-ascorbic Acid powder (86404-04-8) video
What is 3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid?
3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid is an l-ascorbic acid derivative with an ethyl group at the third carbon position. This structural modification protects the 3-OH group from ionization, and thus the molecule from oxidation, but also results in changes in the physicochemical properties.
3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid, or Ethyl ascorbic acid (EA) is soluble vitamin C, not only in the formulation to be very convenient to use and more easily penetrate it into the dermal layer of the stratum corneum, into the skin easilydecomposed by enzymes play a role of vitamin C, thereby increasing its bioavailability, and ordinary vitamin C is difficult to be absorbed through skin, bioavailability is very low. It also can effectively inhibiting the melanin formation by restrain the Cu2+ activity of tyrosinase, inhibit dermatitis and improve the skin color and elasticity.
Moreover, vitamin C ethyl ether is relatively common in vitamin C also show high stability.
Due to its stability, the ease with which it is absorbed by the skin, and the low amount of irritation experienced when applied to the skin, ethyl Ascorbic Acid powder is widely used in cosmetic formulations. It is used to provide skin lightening, support collagen production, provide UV protection, reduce visible signs of aging, among other things. Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is water and oil soluble and should be used in concentrations between 0.5% and 3%. In a 1% aqueous solution, the pH should be 3.5-5.5. This is for cosmetic use only.
Buy Ethyl Ascorbic Acid For Skin Care
Ethyl ascorbic acid is a molecule produced by modifying ascorbic acid, commonly known as vitamin C. This modification is done to increase the molecule’s stability and enhance its transport through skin, as pure vitamin C is easily degraded. In the body, the modifying group is removed and vitamin C is restored in its natural form. Thus, ethylascorbic acid retains the benefits of vitamin C, such as antioxidant activity. Furthermore, it is even more potent in reducing skin darkening after UV exposure. It even has some additional effects, not observed in pure ascorbic acid, such as promoting nerve cell growth or reducing chemotherapy damage. Finally, the slower release also ensures that no toxic effects are observed when using this vitamin C derivative.
Ethyl Ascorbic Acid(EA) function
(1) Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Powder has the effect on relieving stresses and protecting the body against various stresses, including physical, mental, or emotional stress;
(2) Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Powder is with the function of enhancing immunity, protecting the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes;
(3) Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Powder contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
(4) Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Powder is used to protect and support the immune system, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory, for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections;
(5) Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Powder has the effect on lowering blood pressure, treating diabetes and protecting the liver
Ethyl ascorbic acid benefits in Cosmetics
Ethyl ascorbic acid is what maybe considered a next generation Vitamin C derivative. It is a highly stable, non-irritating, patented derivative. Ethyl ascorbic acid is the most effective among the three in boosting collagen synthesis and lightening skin, with over 80% metabolized to pure L-ascorbic acid.
Ethyl ascorbic acid benefits are:
- Inhibit tyrosinase activity, inhibit the formation of melanin, the reduction of melanin is a colorless, highly efficient skin whitening.
- Directly involved in the post-l VC ethyl ether into the dermal layer of collagen synthesis and repair skin cell activity that increases collagen, thereby filling the skin becomes elastic, make the skin smooth and delicate.
- Have in cosmetics excellent antioxidant effect, ensure that the use of the VC, relatively speaking VC, VC ethyl ether is very stable and does not change color. Really achieve skin lightening effect.
- Potent anti-bacterial anti-inflammatory effect, anti-Japanese light caused by inflammation.
- Have lipophilic and hydrophilic structure, easy to skin absorption, can reach the dermis.
3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid (Ethyl ascorbic acid) Application:
- Keep food, fruits and beverage fresh and prevent them from producing unpleasant smell.
- Prevent formation of nitrous amine from nitrous acid in meat products.
- Improve dough quality and make baked food expand to its maximum.
- Compensate the Vitamin C losses of beverage ,fruits and vegetables during processing rocedures.
- Used as nutritional element in additives,Feed additives.
- Cosmetic grade Ethyl ascorbic acid powder is widely use in skin care
- Selected Physicochemical and Biological Properties of Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Compared to Ascorbic Acid. Golonka I et al. Biol Pharm Bull. (2017)
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis to 3-o-Ethyl-L-Ascorbic Acid in Skin-lightening Cosmetics. Victoria-Martínez AM et al. Dermatitis. (2017)
- Antioxidant Ability and Stability Studies of 3-<i>O</i>-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a Cosmetic Tyrosinase Inhibitor. Liao WC et al. J Cosmet Sci. (2018)
- 3-O-ethyl-l-ascorbic acid: Characterisation and investigation of single solvent systems for delivery to the skin. Iliopoulos F, Sil BC, Moore DJ, Lucas RA, Lane ME. Int J Pharm X. 2019 Jul 19;1:100025. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpx.2019.100025. eCollection 2019 Dec.