Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate powder (66170-10-3) video
Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate powder (66170-10-3) Specifications
|Product Name||Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate powder|
|Chemical Name||▪ sodium ascorbyl phosphate
▪ Sodium ascorbyl monophosphate
▪ L-Ascorbic acid 2-phosphate trisodium salt
|Drug Class||Skin-Soothing, Vitamins, Antioxidants|
|Monoisotopic Mass||321.944252 g/mol|
|Color||white to off-white powder|
|Solubility||Soluble in water (clear solution at 10% concentration), pH 9-10 (3% in water)|
|Application||▪ Cosmetics whitening additives
▪ Treating Natural acne-killer
What is Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate?
Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate (SAP), another name is Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, it is a naturally occurring water-soluble derivative of Vitamin C, it’s more stable and bioavailable than Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP), Ascorbyl Palmitate, and Ascorbic Acid (among other Vitamin C derivatives). It is specifically produced for use as a stabilized source of vitamin C in cosmetic products. Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate is widely used in skin care recipes for UV protection, collagen production, as an antioxidant and for its skin lightening and brightening effects. For example, these daily cosmetics contain Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate ingredients: Sun protection cream, antiwrinkle products, body lotions, day creams and night creams, and whitening products. Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate powder can also be applied into toothpaste to slow aging of dental plaque.
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate for Skin?
Sodium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate (Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, SAP) is specifically produced for use as a stabilized source of vitamin C in cosmetic products. It is used in skin care recipes for UV protection, collagen production, as an antioxidant and for its skin lightening and brightening effects.
(1).Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is an active ingredient for sophisticated cosmetic skin-care products. It is a stable vitamin C derivative. It protects the skin, promotes its development and improves its appearance.
(2).Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is cleaved enzymatically in the skin to release active vitamin C. Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is therefore an effective antioxidant which protects the cells against damage caused by free radicals.
(3).Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate counteracts skin aging in promoting collagen formation. Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate also acts on the melanine formation process to prevent hyperpigmentation and senile keratosis.It therefore has skin lightening properties.
Sodium ascorbyl phosphate powder skin benefits
- Stabilized form of vitamin C that does not degrade in aqueous formulas. Esterification of asorbic acid protects vitamin C from oxidative degradation.
- Potent antioxidant (shown to be able to protect skin from oxidative damages)
- Can improve appearance of aged and fragile skin
- Widely used as add-on ingredient in skin-lightening products to correct hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Antioxidant effect can be increased by adding L-ascorbyl palmitate and/or vitamin E.
- Final report of the safety assessment of L-Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate as used in cosmetics. Elmore AR et al. Int J Toxicol. (2005)
- Assessment of Combined Ascorbyl Palmitate (AP) and Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (SAP) on Facial Skin Sebum Control in Female Healthy Volunteers. Khan H et al. Drug Res (Stuttg). (2017)
- PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL STABILITY ANALYSIS OF COSMETIC MULTI- PLE EMULSIONS LOADED WITH ASCORBYL PALMITATE AND SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE SALTS. Khan H et al. Acta Pol Pharm. (2016)
- Whitening effect of L-ascorbate-2-phosphate trisodium salt on solar lentigos. Ishikawa Y, Niwano T, Hirano S, Numano K, Takasima K, Imokawa G. Arch Dermatol Res. 2019 Apr;311(3):183-191. doi: 10.1007/s00403-019-01892-2. Epub 2019 Feb 18.
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.