1. Premature ejaculation
2. What is Dapoxetine?
3. The Effectiveness of Dapoxetine for PE
4. How to Take Dapoxetine?
5. What Should You Do Before Taking Dapoxetine?
6. Dapoxetine Dosage
7. Dapoxetine: Is it Suitable for Everyone?
8. Dapoxetine with Other Drugs
9. Taking Dapoxetine now and say “byebye” to PE!!!
10. Are there health risks after using dapoxetine?
11. Dapoxetine FAQ
Premature ejaculation (PE) is a common sexual disorder affecting about 30% of men. The condition is characterized by decreasing or zero ejaculatory control within less than one minute of penetrative sex. This sexual disorder, which can affect any sexually active man, has far-reaching psychological consequences that can bruise a man’s ego.
Luckily, there are medical treatments that can help treat premature ejaculation, and dapoxetine is one of the most effective ones on the market today. If you are interested in knowing how to treat PE, you should read our comprehensive dapoxetine review to find all the answers you are looking for, and so much more.
What is Dapoxetine?
Dapoxetine HCL (129938-20-1) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medicine that’s specially formulated and explicitly intended to treat premature ejaculation. This drug works by altering the level of serotonin transporter, boosting serotonin’s action at the post synaptic cleft, thus promotes ejaculatory delay as a result.
Dapoxetine is commercially marketed as Priligy, and it is approved for use and marketed in over 50 countries around the world. This drug is also sold under various brand names, including Westoxetin, Primaxetin, Joytab, Ever Long, Sustinex, Longride Pentenal-30, Lejam, Kutub, Joybox, Duratia, and Dumax.
There are many countries that have approved dapoxetine for sale to persons over the age of 18 years. However, is presently not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States. This means that you cannot obtain a dapoxetine prescription in the U.S.
When dapoxetine was initially formulated, it was meant to be used as an anti-depressant but as luck would have it, an unintended result was discovered – the medicine was found to be effective in delaying ejaculation. Today, dapoxetine is widely used as a treatment option for PE and not as an antidepressant. Unlike other SSRIs, dapoxetine is rapidly absorbed and eliminated from the body, making it an appropriate treatment for premature ejaculation. Guide on Ipamorelin Benefits and Ipamorelin Use
The Effectiveness of Dapoxetine for PE
Sexual satisfaction is a key factor in a person’s sexual health and well-being. Intravaginal ejaculation latency time (IELT), which is basically the time between the start of vaginal penetration and the start of intravaginal ejaculation, is a relevant factor in perceptions of sexual performance and satisfaction.
Doctors usually consider IELT when diagnosing and treating premature ejaculation. For men with a shorter IELT, they can greatly benefit from selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. This is because SSRIs block the physiological process linked to the ejaculatory inevitability. For that reason, SSRIs can be used to treat premature ejaculation.
Dapoxetine (CAS 129938-20-1) is one of the SSRI’s that have been found to be highly effective in treating premature ejaculation. This useful drug delays the stimulation of the penis thus delays ejaculation. The active component of the drug is absorbed by the body quickly and starts to work on average one to two hours after taking it.
Studies have revealed that this PE medication increases intra-vaginal ejaculation latency time. In one study, men with an average baseline IELT of 1 minute had their IELT improve to an average 3.1 minutes after taking a 30 mg dose and 3.6 minutes after taking a 60 mg dose. This means that dapoxetine is indeed effective in enhancing sexual performance.
How to Take Dapoxetine?
Dapoxetine hcl (dapoxetine hydrochloride) is available in 30 mg and 60 mg tablets, which are intended to be taken orally. Unlike other SSRI’s that must be taken daily so as to trigger the desired effect, dapoxetine is to be taken on an “as needed” basis. This drug works very quickly, so you should take it when you anticipate having sex, rather than on a daily basis. You should also remember to do the following:
- Take one dapoxetine tablet 1-3 hours before having sex,
- Swallow the tablet whole without chewing as it has a bitter taste. Also, chewing the medication can lower its effectiveness.
- Take one tablet with at least one full glass of water.
- You can take the tablet either with or without food. You can also take it either before or after a meal. Nevertheless, the manufacturer advices against taking dapoxetine with a substantial meal such as dinner as it can delay the drug’s effect.
What Should You Do Before Taking Dapoxetine?
Before dapoxetine treatment is initiated, you should inform your doctor about your medical history focusing on past orthostatic events. The doctor should also carry out an orthostatic test (pulse rate, blood pressure, supine and standing. If you have any history of orthostatic reactions or the orthostatic rest reveals this kind of reaction, treatment with dapoxetine should be avoided. Why is Sibutramine so popular in weight loss?
Prior to taking dapoxetine, it is important to inform your doctor if:
- You faint from time to time,
- You suffer from any heart problem
- You have a clotting or bleeding disorder
- You are epileptic
- You have glaucoma
- You have liver problems
- You have kidney problems
- You are allergic to any of the dapoxetine ingredients
- You have a history of mental health problems such as mania, depression, bipolar disorder, or any other condition that cause low or high moods,
If your doctor finds it safe for you to take dapoxetine, you should be sure to follow all of the recommendations provided. Also be sure to read the manufacturer’s printed information pamphlet from inside the pack. The pamphlet has crucial information about dapoxetine, including directions for use, precautions to take, as well the possible side effects that you could experience after taking the drug.
The suggested starting dose is one 30 mg dapoxetine tablet. If the 30 mg dose is deemed insufficient, your physician may later decide to increase your dose to one 60 mg dapoxetine tablet. Your doctor may also prescribe a higher dose if you are lucky not to experience any side effects after taking the 30 mg dose.
Since there is no fixed dose regimen for this drug, missing a scheduled dapoxetine dose is highly unlikely. In case of an overdose, i.e. if more than one dapoxetine tablet is taken within 24 hours, it is advisable to seek medical attention right away. Symptoms of an overdose include:
- Increased heart rate
- Trembling of limbs, etc
To avoid any adverse effects, you should:
- Take dapoxetinetablets exactly as recommended by your doctor,
- Follow all the usage instructions outlined on the label,
- Do not take the drug in smaller or larger quantities than recommended,
- Have regular follow-up with your doctor while taking dapoxetine tablets.
Good news is that dapoxetine hcl (dapoxetine hydrochloride) is quite effective in treating premature ejaculation. The not-so-good news is that, just like most medicines, dapoxetine has its fair share of side effects. In one study, men who took dapoxetine reported the following dapoxetine side effects:
- Nausea: This is the most common reported dapoxetine side effect. Studies show that about 10 percent of men who took a 30 mg dose and about 23 percent of men who took a 60 mg dose reported feeling nauseous.
- Dizziness/lightheadedness: This is the second most common dapoxetine side effect, with a reported 6 percent of those who took a 30 mgs dose and about 11 percent of those who took a 60 mg dose.
- Headaches: About 5.6 percent of men who took a 30 mgs dose and about 9 percent of those who took a 60 mgs dose complained of having had headaches.
- Diarrhea: About 3.5 percent and 7 percent of men who took 30 mg and 60 mg of dapoxetine respectively experienced diarrhea.
- Somnolence: About 3.1 percent of men who took a 30 mg dose and about 4.7 percent of those who took the 60 mg dose reported to have experienced this side effect.
Other common dapoxetine side effects that were reported include nasopharyngitis, insomnia, and fatigue, which affected between 2-3 percent of those who took a 30 mg dose and between 3-4 percent of those who took a 60 mgs dose. There are also some minor side effects of dapoxetine, which include
- Decreased libido
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Excessive fatigue
- Buzzing or ringing in the ears
- Confusion and nervousness
- Fast/irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
You will find a full list of dapoxetine side effects in the manufacturer’s information pamphlet inside the pack. The bothersome side effects often improve once the body adjusts to the drug. While there are many side effects to look out for, it doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone experiences them. In case you experience any of the dapoxetine side effects, it is important to seek medical assistance right away.
If you happen to feel dizzy or lightheaded, lie down or sit with your head between your knees until the feeling passes. If feel sick or sweaty after taking dapoxetine, sit or lie down until the feeling passes to avoid falling and hurting yourself. It is also highly advisable to speak with your doctor or pharmacist so that a suitable medication can be prescribed to relieve the bothersome symptom(s).
Dapoxetine: Is it Suitable for Everyone?
Like many other medications, dapoxetine is not meant for everyone. For instance, this medication should not be taken by men who have not been diagnosed with premature ejaculation. Therefore, you will have to be appropriately tested and given a proper diagnosis of premature ejaculation in line with the above criteria prior to be treated with dapoxetine.
If you have a serious ailment, you are also not the best candidate for dapoxetine treatment. Diseases that disqualify you from being a good candidate for dapoxetine treatment include mental problems, heart conditions, and glaucoma.
If you are too old or too young, you are not a good candidate either. Anyone less than 18 years old or older than 64 years old should not take dapoxetine.
Lastly, women are not good candidates for dapoxetine treatment. This drug is strictly meant for men between 18 and 64 years old.
So, who is dapoxetine for? Well, dapoxetine is approved for treating premature ejaculation in adult men aged 18-64 years. The summary of this medication’s characteristics stipulates that dapoxetine should only be prescribed to adult men who meet all of the following criteria:
- Poor control over ejaculation, with intravaginal ejaculatory latency time (IELT) of not more than 2 minutes,
- Recurrent or persistent ejaculation with nominal sexual stimulation before, on, or abruptly after penetration and before the man wishes,
- Obvious interpersonal difficulty or personal distress as a result of premature ejaculation,
- History of premature ejaculation in the majority of sexual intercourse attempts over the prior six months.
Dapoxetine with Other Drugs
· Dapoxetine + Tadalafil (Cialis)
Premature ejaculation (PE) and (ED) are two different sexual health problems in men, but ED is a more serious problem than PE. Cialis is a selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE-5), a drug that is effective in treating dysfunction by having an effect on the smooth-muscle structures of the penis. Tadalafil, which is the active component of Cialis, is quickly absorbed by the body and helps to restore an erection approximately 20-60 minutes after taking it and helps maintain the erection for 24-36 hours.
Some men with dysfunction want to not only restore their erection, but also to prolong sexual activity. Taking Tadalafil/Cialis alone cannot help men with dysfunction to have prolonged sexual intercourse. However, when they combine Cialis with dapoxetine, they can have a strong erection as well as prolong the duration of sexual activity by an average 50-70 percent.
If you are suffering from both dysfunction and premature ejaculation, you will be relieved to know that taking dapoxetine together with Tadalafil is absolutely safe since the drugs have a normal interaction. Nevertheless, the long-term use of these medications requires completion of a preliminary test and constant monitoring by an andrologist. The Basic Recommendations for using Dapoxetine + Tadalafil (Cialis) are:
- Take both drugs preferably 1-2 hours prior to engaging in sexual activity,
- Take just one tablet of 30 mg or 60 mg dapoxetine and one tablet of 20 mg Cialis per day,
- Swallow the tablets entirely, without chewing them or breaking them into pieces,
- Do not take alcohol on the day you use these drugs.
- Do not take dapoxetine if you are dehydrated. For instance, you should temporarily avoid using the medication after exhaustive sports training.
- Avoid taking dapoxetine if you are having a fever, or if you feel the onset of a cold.
Note that concurrent use of dapoxetine and Cialis to maintain an erection for longer and increase libido is prohibited within 6 months after suffering myocardial infarction or ischemic stroke. The pairing of these drugs should also not be done in patients with serious conditions such as oncological lesions, biventricular heart failure, renal and hepatic insufficiency, and arterial hypertension.
Patients with hypersensitivity to these drugs’ components, as well as those with structural disorders of the genital organs should also avoid taking dapoxetine and Cialis. Usage of these drugs is also prohibited if patients are taking nitrate-containing medications and Ipha-adrenoblockers.
· Dapoxetine + Sildenafil (Viagra)
Sildenafil, which is more popularly known as Viagra, is a drug that belongs to a group of medications referred to as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. This famous drug is used for the treatment of ED. Once taken, it helps you achieve and maintain a strong erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. It does this by allowing an increased blood flow into your penis when you are sexually stimulated.
Sildenafil generally comes in three forms – 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg. The usual recommended sildenafil dose is 50 mg, which can be taken any time from four hours to half an hour before engaging in sexual activity. The dose may, however, be reduced to 25 mg or increased to 100 mg, based on several factors, including the effectiveness of the medication, side effects experienced, body weight, underlying medical conditions, and use of other medications.
Dapoxetine HCL and sildenafil taken concurrently are considered among the most effective treatments for dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Viagra will help in relaxation of the muscles and improvement in the circulation of blood in your penis. Dapoxetine, on the other hand, will delay the stimulation of your penis and thus delay ejaculation. Basic Recommendations for using Dapoxetine + Sildenafil (Viagra) are:
- Take both drugs preferably 1 hour prior to sexual activity,
- Take just one tablet of dapoxetine and one tablet of Viagra per day,
- Swallow the tablets entirely, without chewing them or breaking them into pieces,
- Avoid alcoholic beverages when using these drugs.
You should not take dapoxetine and Viagra concurrently if:
- You are allergic to both drugs or to their ingredients,
- You have been advised by your doctor not to have sexual intercourse,
- You have a history of vision problems associated with nerve damage to the retina caused by reduced blood flow,
- You have a clotting or bleeding disorder,
- You are using any type of nitrate medication in any form, i.e. spray, oral, skin patch, or sublingual.
- You are scheduled for a dental treatment or operation.
As with other drug combinations intended for the treatment of dysfunction and premature ejaculation, a combination of dapoxetine and Viagra is not recommended for those with an anatomical deformation of the penis. Men with any type of penis deformation, such as Pyeronie’s disease, cavernosal fibrosis, or angulation should be closely monitored by their doctors if take a combination of dapoxetine and Viagra.
Should an erection last more than 4 hours, it is also important to seek medical assistance immediately. If this problem is not addressed immediately, more serious problems, such as tissue damage and permanent loss of the ability to have an erection, could arise. Moreover, any serious side effects should be reported to a doctor without delay.
Besides nitrate-containing medications, there are also various other medications that interact with dapoxetine HCL, thus should not be taken together concurrently. They include:
· Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)
These are generally a class of drugs that are best known as highly potent anti-depressants. They are used to treat a wide range of disorders, including depression, social phobia, panic disorder, dysthymia, Parkinson’s disease, and several other disorders.
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors are infamous for their numerous drug interactions. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, such as dapoxetine, are some of the substances that can interact with MAOI medications. Therefore, it is best not to take dapoxetine if you are taking any medication that belongs to the MAOI class.
To avoid serious side effects, you should take dapoxetine 14 days after discontinuing treatment with a MAOI medication. Correspondingly, you should take a MAOI medicine 7 days after you stop taking dapoxetine.
Administration of Thiorizadine alone generates prolongation of the QTc interval, which is linked to serious ventricular arrhythmias. Dapoxetine, which inhibits the CYP2D6 isoenzyme tend to inhibit the metabolism of thioridazine. The increased thioridazine levels are anticipated to increase the prolongation of the QTC interval.
Therefore, dapoxetine should not be used together with thioridazine. You should wait until 14 days are over after discontinuing using your treatment with thioridazine. Similarly, you should not use thioridazine before 7 days are over after discontinuing using dapoxetine.
· Medicines with serotonergic effects
Just like with other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, combining dapoxetine with medicinal or herbal products that have serotonergic effects may result in an incidence of serotonin-associated effects. So, when you are taking dapoxetine, it is best to avoid other SSRIs, SNRI’s, and other medicinal products such as linezolid, tramadol, lithium, tryptophan, triptans, and St. John’s Wort.
Other drugs to avoid when taking dapoxetine HCL include:
- Anticoagulants and other medications that minimize blood coagulability. When used along concurrently with dapoxetine, the risk of over bleeding is increased.
- Medications, the metabolism of which is akin to dapoxetine’s, for instance erythromycin, ketoconazole, fluoxetine, and various antibiotics, antifungal and antiviral agents.
- Tamsulosin and other a1-adrenoreceptor blockers that are used for the treatment of prostatic diseases.
Taking Dapoxetine now and say “byebye” to PE!!!
If premature ejaculation has been a dark cloud hovering over your head, dapoxetine can help you get rid of it for good. You can buy dapoxetine online from a reputable online store. Be sure to read customer reviews before making your purchase to be sure of the reliability of the online store you are about to buy your medication from.
Are there health risks after using dapoxetine?
As with most medicines, there are some health risks that are associated with dapoxetine use. Luckily, the commonest dapoxetine side effects are not serious, and not everyone gets to experience them.
|Commonest Side Effects of Dapoxetine, affecting at least 1 in 10 men)||What to do to alleviate the symptoms|
|Nausea||Ask your doctor to recommend a suitable medicine|
|Light-headedness or dizziness||Sit or lie down until the feeling passes to avoid falling and hurting yourself|
|Headache||Ask your doctor to recommend a painkiller|
|Diarrhea||Drink lots of fluids and ask your doctor to recommend a suitable medicine|
- How long does dapoxetine last?
Dapoxetine HCL is essentially a short-acting SSRI. The duration of time to maximum plasma concentration is approximately 1-2 hours after taking this medication. Plasma levels are not more than 5% of peak concentrations by twenty-four hours post-dose. This means that dapoxetine stays in the body for approximately 24 hours, which is a long enough duration for a medication that is meant to delay ejaculation.
- Can I drink alcohol while taking dapoxetine?
Just like with other recreational medicines, taking alcohol with dapoxetine is highly prohibited. This is because alcohol increases the risk of side effects associated with dapoxetine use. Having slow reactions, feeling sleepy or dizzy are all side effects that may be increased when dapoxetine is taken together with alcohol. Adverse side effects may also occur, leading to serious health problems that could even be fatal.
- When should I take dapoxetine?
You should take dapoxetine “on demand” approximately 1 to 3 hours prior to anticipated sexual activity. This makes it much better compared to other drugs that take longer to be effective. Even though you can take it with your meals, it is best not to take dapoxetine after a heavy meal, i.e. after dinner.
- Where can I Buy Dapoxetine?
If you want to buy dapoxetine, you can make a discrete purchase online. It is best to check out different sites that sell this product to compare prices. Before making dapoxetine purchase, be sure to read customer reviews to ensure that the online shop you are buying from is reliable.
- How should I store dapoxetine?
Dapoxetine should be stored in a cool, dry place, and away from direct sunlight and heat. It is also important to keep dapoxetine out of sight and reach of children.
- How can I get the most out of dapoxetine treatment?
- Take dapoxetine exactly as prescribed by the doctor or pharmacist. This means not less or more than prescribed.
- Check the expiry date before taking your dapoxetine mediation to ensure that it is effective and safe.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the latter, including directions for use and medications to avoid when using dapoxetine.
- Swallow dapoxetine whole without chewing it. Be sure to take dapoxetinewith a full glass of water.
- Do not take some else’s dapoxetine medication even if both your conditions are similar.
- Do not drink alcohol while using dapoxetine as it can increase the risk of dapoxetine side effects.
- Do not combine dapoxetine with other recreational drugs.
- Be sure to keep your follow-up appointments with your doctor so that your progress can be determined.
- What are the advantages of dapoxetine?
- It ensures effective treatment of PE,
- Unlike other treatments for premature ejaculation whose action start about two weeks, after intake, dapoxetine starts its action a few hours after the first intake,
- This drug increases the duration of sexual activity by three or more times,
- This drug can be used along with many other drugs that boost potency.
- Will dapoxetine affect my ability to drive or operate machinery?
Syncope, somnolence, blurred vision, dizziness, and disturbance in attention are some of the common side effects of dapoxetine HCL. Therefore, when you use dapoxetine, you are advised to avoid any situation where accidental injury could result, including operating hazardous machinery or driving.
There are different causes of premature ejaculation, ranging from psychological causes to biological causes. If you are struggling with premature ejaculation due to one reason or another, you should not suffer in silence. With the availability of dapoxetine for sale online, you can be treated of your condition and get to enjoy sexual activity. Be sure to talk to your doctor so that it can be established whether dapoxetine is the right medication for you.